Saturday, May 17, 2008

Extended Family & Spring Photos

B and I just returned from Pensacola, FL (or Pepsicola, as Kris likes to call it) where we visited our dear friends, the Turnages. Elizabeth and I met when they lived in Atlanta about 16 years ago, and I babysat their two oldest children, Kirby (now 18?!) and Jackie (now 17). Aside from the shocking fact that I'm old enough to have babysat a college-aged kid, I'm also amazed and thankful that we've remained such great friends for so many years. The teenagers (all four of them...Mary Elizabeth is 15 and Robert is nearly 13) don't seem to mind when I retell stories about when they were in diapers, and they laugh at my goofy sense of humor. Elizabeth and Kip have always looked out for me, offered love, advice, and a sunny place for me to spend my spring breaks in college:) They're my second family, and visiting them is like going home.

So it's no wonder B immediately accepted them all with open arms (and won over their hearts with her huge smiles). I'm a little nervous about what she's going to do this week without all her adoring fans around her, entertaining her every moment of every day.

Before we left, Kip shot some photos of B and I to take home to Kris (who couldn't make the trip because of work, and because he was supervising our home renovations this week...More on that soon!).

Here are a few of the photos:








2 comments :

  1. Wow! What great photos! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that outfit still has my vote as the best baby outfit find in shopping history. you both look great!


    love,

    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Daily B