Feeling crafty

|
I now own a sewing machine, and I've crossed that great threshold into true domesticity by sewing things for my child :)

It started with my wanting to make cloth diapers out of recycled fabrics, but then I realized I could make lots of baby clothes out of reclaimed sweaters, t-shirts, etc. So I've been busy.

Here are just a few of my recent creations:






The cloth diapers are tricky, but I'm getting the hang of it. I should have some photo-worthy diapers to show off soon.

I'm searching for 100% wool sweaters to recycle (merino, lambswool or knit wool). So if you have any you're getting rid of, send them my way!

3 comments:

amanda said...

love it! patagonia used to (or may still, you guys probably know better than i do) make baby clothes out of all of their scrap materials, kind of quilted together. those would be cool to copy.

being florida, i don't believe i own wool anything, but my mom has a ton of sweaters, possibly including some that our scottish cousin knitted for us. she said she would look through and send you some if she can find any!

miss you guys! kisses to B.


love,

amanda

Gina D. Wagner said...

Thanks! We miss you too!

Jes said...

We should get some photos of Austin in his red ones too! I forgot to tell you, everybody loved them :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails