Meet the Peanut

|


There are a few realities here:

1) This is the absolute best photo we have of our second child, and it's not very pretty. Clearly Junior has a head, and two arms...but I'm not sure if there are feet? And what's with the turtleneck?

2) On the plus side, the ultrasound tech took all sorts of measurements that led to one conclusion: The peanut is perfectly healthy and measuring right on schedule, and should enter the world sometime in late October.

3) The first time I saw the baby on the monitor, my initial thought wasn't "Awww. How sweet!" Nope. I thought, "So YOU'RE the one who's been making me puke for the past few months!" ...Indeed, the feelings are a little different the second time around.

4) Bronwynn loves to kiss my belly and say "Baby," but I think she still has absolutely NO CLUE how much her world is going to change come October. Ignorance is bliss.

5) Despite the nausea (and emotional outbursts, and sheer exhaustion, and Frito cravings...), we are absolutely thrilled to welcome this little one into our family. We love you, Peanut.

4 comments:

Ronnie said...

This is great! Makes me teary!!!

Take care & I'll see you all soon.

liz said...

I know, this is tasteless. But are you having a baby or a duck?

Gina said...

I think that's a valid question, Liz.

Jeff Chow said...

Congrats!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails