Is Your Uterus Happy?

|
For those who have been around me enough to hear me complain, you know that this pregnancy has not been the blissful, exciting adventure that Bronwynn's pregnancy was. Some highlights of round two: Puking/dry heaving for the first 16+ weeks. Total exhaustion and insomnia. Mood swings. Whining to Kris that my bones feel tired. Some days, it feels like a lot of work just to lift my arms and brush my teeth. All in all, I'd say my uterus (and everything connected to it), is fairly unhappy.

Now, there are a lot of remedies out there for an unhappy uterus...but during one of my 2:00 AM bouts of sleepless Internet wandering, I came across one for the books. On Etsy.com, you can buy your very own "happy uterus" plushie pillow. Here's a photo:



Just cuddle it when your uterus is upset, and the happy energy will travel though your body and you'll feel better instantly. It's not just for pregnant ladies, either. It's supposed to do wonders for PMS, infertility, and menopause. Don't those fallopian tubes look nice and strong?

Even so, I'm not quite ready to drop $20 on the uterus plushie yet. First, I'm adjusting my iron supplement, drinking more water, napping more, and upping my daily exercise. But I might have to save my pennies and buy the "my uterus is a superhero" pillow, which could be just the tool I need to achieve the unmedicated birth I'm hoping for. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Michele said...

I know that my uterus was happy to be unmedicated so it could do its hard work.

Sassy said...

So sorry to hear your uterus has been so uncooperative this time around. I am sure the end result will be worth it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails