Conversations in the car

|
I love driving with my kids in the car. Aside from the obvious reasons (they're restrained, and I have control over the stereo), I just adore the conversations we have on the road.

Like today. We had to drive 40 minutes to the doggy resort to pick up Ollie from his weekend vacay. Miles dropped his toy and started crying. B immediately jumped into action and tried to reach it for him, and when she couldn't, she said "Is okay, Miles, Mommy get it for you when we stop." and then, when he was still crying, she began to sing to him, "You are my sunshine." It brought tears to my eyes. He actually stopped crying and started babbling back to B.

When my cell phone rang, I let it go to voicemail, and B said, "you not answer the phone, Mommy?" and I said,
"no, we're in traffic right now and I want to be safe." And she said, "yeah, Mom, don't bump the cars."

Finally, once we picked up Ollie, B said "Oh Ollie! You cute little guy! Mommy, I want to hug Ollie when we get home and pull his ears." and then she turned to Miles and said, "Miles a cute little guy too."

"Do you want to pull Miles' ears?" I asked. "No," she said. "I pet Miles."

Then, she thought for a moment and said, "I be a cute little guy someday."

I assured her that she is indeed a 'cute little guy' already.

1 comments:

Miss M! said...

That's so stinking cute! And sweet to boot.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails