I've been on the lookout for a little bed for B's dolls to sleep in. This week, we took a stroll through a local thrift store, and this caught my eye:
The tag said it was a magazine rack, but it looked to me like the perfect size and shape for a doll crib. It was only $1.99, so we snatched it up.
I dug through my scrap fabric and found some pieces that were the right size to sew into little crib bumpers, a blanket and a little pillow. Nothing fancy here....I just rough-cut the pieces to size, turned them wrong sides out and straight stitched them on my sewing machine, leaving little openings to turn them right side out. For the crib bumper ties, I used bias tape. For the pillow, I stuffed it with some cotton batting to give it shape. Here's the finished pillow....not much to it.
You can see my stitching isn't even straight. I rushed through this because I wanted to have it done during naptime.
Then, using leftover gray paint from Miles' nursery makeover, I gave the wood a fresh look. Added the bedding, and here's what we have: