Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Master Bedroom: Before & After

.
We're chugging along with our DIY home design projects.

Here's a BEFORE shot of the master, taken right after we moved in:


Like every other room in the house, the walls were a blah putty color. And the bed had seen better days...having been moved across the country several times since Gina acquired it in grad school.

Here's the AFTER:





We splurged on a king-size natural latex mattress and platform bed from IKEA (which wasn't too much of a splurge, actually) and repainted the walls a dusty green that can look like lemongrass, pear, or moss depending on the lighting. I LOVE the color because it is really soothing in every variation.

I picked up some mid-century Lane side tables at a flea market for just $30 for the pair. And we incorporated our existing dresser and other accessories into the space.

We used a curtain wire to display a few postcards, art prints and photos above the bed. I like that we can switch out the pieces on a whim, or even leave little love notes for one another.




But, honestly, THIS is my favorite part of our bedroom. The french doors and all the natural light that pours in from the balcony. I feel myself relax whenever I enter the room. Truly a retreat.


Of course, I'm not the only one who relaxes here.....

8 comments :

  1. Gina, will you come decorate my house? I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love your style. It's similar to ours. Looking at what you guys have done gives me hope that we'll eventually get our house together. Truly neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn it! You did it again - but again it makes me want to start working at it. Miss you friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock! I think you have such a knack for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get your beautiful red bedding? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bedding is City Scene....we got it on clearance at HauteLook for 60% off. Not sure if it's available anymore, but they make other patterns that are equally gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Who makes the paint color? Do you know the shade? Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Brittany! I believe the color is called Outback. It's an ACE brand.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Daily B