A facelift for the pantry

|
.
This is just a quickie naptime project I completed this week. Our kitchen has sort of a French country theme. It's lovely and really functional, but some of the details clash with our taste (which is a bit more modern.) The thing that bothered me the most is the pantry door. It has frosted glass and this scroll type pattern that says "Pantry"

Here's a before pic:


I just didn't think we needed to announce to everyone that this is our pantry. And I didn't like that you could see through to our clutter inside. So, I grabbed some chalkboard paint and painted over the center panel. Here's the result:




I like this much better. It matches our black appliances, and it's functional. What do you think??

Total time: 60 minutes  Total cost: $10

I'd eventually like to trade out the doorknob for something less....gold. Kris wants me to create some sort of chalk mural like you'd find at a coffee shop, but I don't think I'm that talented.

2 comments:

Diane B. said...

What a creative idea... I never would have though of it. You certainly are VERY talented!! -Diane

Kinyama said...

Wonderful, love it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails