san francisco

|
We spent last week in San Francisco with some of my family soaking up the cool damp weather, the beach and cityscape.
Oh, yes...and eating amazing food. I think I'm 10 pounds heavier.



We drove there....about 13 hours, which I can tell you is not easy to do with two toddlers and all their STUFF. Kris and I argued over who would get to drive....because the other person, the one not driving, had the much harder job of keeping the kids entertained and fed and happy.

I have this little inner voice that asks me sometimes: what the hell are you thinking?! ...But these kids of mine never cease to amaze me with their adaptability and zest for adventure. And whatever part of me doubted whether the trip was worth it....whatever part longed to stay home and sleep in and relax...to that part I say:

Is there anything sweeter than standing on a chilly beach in November, with a warm latte in your hand, listening to lapping waves and watching your kids dig their fingers into the damp sand? And instead of warning them not to get dirty, you push up your sleeves and help them build sand castles? 

2 comments:

oaxacaborn said...

love those beach+baby pics. =) love the california coast!

Melanie said...

ditto...love those beach + baby pics, too. some of the best pics we have of the boys are ones we took of them on beaches along the california coast. ditto again...love the california coast!

looks like it was a great time. beautiful pics of your beautiful family.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails