make a paper flower bouquet

|

B's preschool teacher is undergoing chemotherapy and has missed a lot of school the past couple weeks. B ADORES this teacher and has been sad not to see her as often, and she asked if we could bring her flowers. I wasn't sure when her teacher would be back to school, and I didn't want the flowers to wilt, so I suggested we make some paper flowers...

This turned out to be such a fun, easy project and it was a huge hit at school. I thought I'd share how we did it.

We bought several sheets of scrapbooking paper and card stock and some green pipe cleaners and decorative metal brads. Total cost: $8.50


Next I helped B cut several circles out of the paper. We didn't pay attention to the size of the circles. We just cut, cut, cut as many as we could. B had the idea to cut the edges too, so they would look more like flowers.


If you have an older child, you could trace circles so that they are more precise.

Next, I layered a few circles and attached them with a metal brad in the center.


I folded and crinkled the edges inward to give the flowers some dimension and attached a pipe cleaner to the back, securing it under the brad. I also cut a few square flowers with notches on each side....just to shake things up. Though B said she prefers her circles and my squares are too "pointy."

Noted.


You might want to try this for Valentine's Day. Instead of making stems, you could attach the flowers to card stock or a blank greeting card and slip it into an envelope--homemade Valentines are the cutest!

1 comments:

Timmi said...

What a lovely idea! I think I'll have my oldest help make some for her Grandma for Mother's Day.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails