238/365

|

This is me. Some readers requested I get around to the other side of the lens, so I did. Self-portraits are hard. It's challenging to look like yourself, to look relaxed, when you're taking your own photo. It helps me appreciate how other people must feel when I shove a lens in their face and say "act natural!"

Yeah, right.

I also took this shot recently. The kids were both napping at the same time, which never seems to happen anymore. And instead of using the time to work or clean house, I plopped myself down in my favorite comfy chair and read the latest issue of The Sun. It was heavenly.



Now that I've shown you a little bit more of me, will you return the favor? I know (thanks to some fancy tracking code) that more than 150 people read The Daily B each day. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE if you introduced yourself in the comments or just said "hi" or hit that Facebook "Like" button so that I know you're out there. Or tell me what you dislike or what you want to see more of on the blog. I want to get to know you guys a little bit better...

xo

9 comments:

Emily said...

*waves* Hi! I'm Emily, originally of Ohio, now of Maryland... pediatric intern, mom to 6-week-old Faith, with a husband named Jack and a dog named Ollie. Used to update a blog, but don't make the time to anymore... at least for now.

Now we're introduced!

Gina said...

Hi Emily! Thanks for commenting! Our dog is named Ollie too :)

Timmi said...

You do look natural and pretty my self portraits never look that nice :) I'm Timmi, yes I am a girl, from and live in Nebraska have two naughty and pretty girls 1 1/2 and almost 5. My youngest is a thrill seeker as well. I stay at home right now but wish to go back to school though I'm clueless on that. Love your blog and how honest you are with it.

Gina said...

Hi Timmi!

Thanks for commenting....I recognize your name from other posts too. It's great to learn more about you! :)

Stacey said...

Hi I am Stacey. I am a new reader of your blog. I live in Virginia Beach and stumbled upon your blog looking for crafts ideas. I am a SAHM mom of 4, a photographer, and I love to craft/sew. Love your blog and you did a great job on the self portrait. You have inspired me to do my own self portrait! Thanks for sharing your life!

Katherine said...

I haven't the slightest as to how I found you. Really, not a clue. But then I found out we have friends in common (via YL) and continued to read. I'm in Virginia, with two kids, a husband, a part time job outside the home, and an obsession with getting my house in order. Yeah, that will never happen.

Gina said...

Thanks Stacey and Katherine!! :)

Danielle said...

Hi! I'm Danielle, from San Diego. I am graduating college in May, live with my boyfriend and adorable puppy. (wallytheborkie.blogspot.com) I am not a mom yet, but I cannot wait to be! In the meantime I am considering opening a home daycare, and your ideas will be beyond helpful in making it look and feel amazing, and create an environment that is a home away from home for the kids and really encourages creative play.
I am very happy I found your blog!

Sarah said...

Hi Gina! It's Sarah from UGA Young Life :) Love reading your blog and love your photography!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails