Saturday, May 7, 2011

300/365


I'm not sure how it's possible, but I've been shooting photos consistently for 300 days. Some I've loved and worked really hard for, some I just snapped with my iPhone so I could tick off my to-do list. It's too early to say, but I think once I reach Day 365, I will keep going, because I'm finally getting the hang of shooting on manual all the time (I used to always shoot on aperture priority mode)... And I really want a new camera body and a 100mm lens :)


We have two perfectly lovely camera bodies (a Nikon D70 and D100), but they're old and sometimes a little slow. One of them is held together with duct tape. I find myself drooling over the D90 or the D300s, which I actually had my hands on at one point (Kris had a loaner for a while that he reviewed for a magazine). Has anyone tried these cameras? Thoughts? Suggestions? 



Anyone want to join me for the next 365? We'll get started in July...

5 comments :

  1. I love your blog, it's so adorable to see motherhood from your point of view and the world from your kid's point of view!!

    the room in the photos...were did the owl on a tree come from? it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! the owl and tree are a vinyl wall decal that I found on Etsy. If you haven't yet, check out the before & after pics of her room: http://ginaandkris.blogspot.com/2010/09/bs-room-before-after.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my D300S! Still learning some of the features. I gave a photography lesson yesterday and shot on all manual all day; so much fun to take the time with creative nuances! I am loving my 365 Project (inspired by you), but I can't believe you're ready to sign up for year 2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I may be up for a round of 365. Glad to see people shooting manual. Now, once you start manually focusing ... That's something I need to do. Auto-focus is great and all, but sometimes it's too slow for sports.

    Which 100mm lens are you referring to? I know Nikon makes a 105mm macro. I have it and love it.

    I love the paint job. We need to do that for Alli. Etsy here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all aboard one you start in July! I want to shoot everyday. I'm a photo editor by profession, and I love to shoot, but never make time for it! This challenge would be great for me!

    Love your blog btw! I'm a huge fan.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Daily B