Friday, September 9, 2011

the shirt


Parents: Do you ever develop a sentimental attachment to clothing your kids have worn?

I love owls, and when B was about a year old, I saw this adorable owl print shirt at Target on sale for $3. I snatched it up and dressed her in it often. It wasn't fancy. Not handmade. It was just cute and simple. It reflected the cuteness of my 1-year-old and the simple pleasures she enjoyed.

When we moved and I went through all our old baby clothing, I donated that shirt and immediately regretted it. I actually missed the shirt....or at least I missed the time that shirt represented, that transition from babyhood to toddlerhood.

So, imagine my delight when I was at a garage sale with a friend and saw that same shirt sitting on top of a clothing pile. I picked it up and looked at the tag. Size 4T. Perfect! I paid 25 cents and brought it home for B. She took one look at it and said, "Mommy I love that shirt! It's so beautiful."

2 comments :

  1. This is why I hope to have another girl one day. And maybe even another boy too (even though he doesn't have as many clothes as she does). Some clothes are so hard to say goodbye too.

    What a great little surprise at that yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bought an on sale dress size 6 b/c i love the full price same dress size 3. I've done that kind of thing before & never ever regretted it.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Daily B