Thursday, October 13, 2011

3 + 1


She says she's not four. She doesn't like four.

Four implies growing up, getting bigger, becoming less of a baby. And growing up is no good, you see.

But birthdays? Birthdays are okay. In fact, they're downright fabulous. On birthdays, Daddy wakes up early and takes us to pick out donuts.

 She chooses the pink one, with sprinkles, of course.

Then, eats only the pink part and the sprinkles.


Little brother gets a donut too. He thinks sister's birthday is mighty fine indeed.


"Next year, Mommy, can I be a baby again in your belly?"

That's not exactly how birthdays work, I try to explain. "But you'll always be my baby," I say. "You'll always be my little girl."

"Yes, but I don't want to be 4 yet," she says.

"How about we say you're three plus one?" I ask.

"Do I still get to open presents?"

"Of course."

"Okay," she says. "Three plus one."

3 comments :

  1. HI! I love your blog. can you please tell me what camera you use for these lovely vibrant pictures?
    Thx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I shoot with a Nikon D90 and various lenses. These were all taken with my 50mm f1.8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Daily B