Wednesday, December 7, 2011

what the kids want for christmas


Today, we saw that jolly old icon of Christmas. No, not Jesus. The other guy. 

Bronwynn gave him a thanksgiving card and told him she wanted fairy clothes. On the way home, I asked the kids what they want for Christmas. Here's what they said:

Bronwynn
"I need new fairy clothes. Mine are all broken." (not true)
"For Christmas, Mommy, I want you to come to my classroom and draw a picture for me."
"I need new band-aids."
"I want that pink fishing stick like Daddy." (Did I mention we saw Santa at BassPro Shop?)
(whispers) "Miles, tell Santa you want princesses for Christmas."

Miles
"No! I don't like princess. I play my cars!"
"Hi Santa. Nice to meet you."
"I like pink trucks."

So, there you have it. Interestingly, not a single item they mentioned is on their perpetual lists.

1 comment :

  1. My oldest asked for things she already has and that her parents could have more money (not in a greedy way but in a way to help, love her I wish she didn't know about our money problems but sometimes they're hard to hide and maybe shouldn't be hidden a lesson somewhere in there), and my youngest hasn't grasped everything yet.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Daily B