there's something you should know... about my armpits

|
Note: This is NOT a sponsored post or review. No one is paying me to write the following. I'm just really impressed with this product and want to share. 

For all the ways I try to embrace a healthy, nontoxic lifestyle, I've always had one big holdout: deodorant.

I watch what lotions I put on my skin. I carefully choose the safest cosmetics, shampoos and sunscreens for me and my kids. But when it comes to my armpits, I've always turned a blind eye to the long list of toxic ingredients (aluminum, phthalates, parabens) in my favorite brand... because, well, I don't want stinky pits and sweat stains.

I've tried natural deodorants like crystals and natural roll-ons, but was never happy with the results.

Last week a colleague told me about Soapwalla, and after reading rave reviews, I decided to order some.



PEOPLE. This stuff actually works, maybe even better than the toxic crap I had been using. It's 115 degrees outside today, and I am completely dry and smelling lovely (if I do say so myself). Yesterday, it powered me through a workout and a high temperature of 111. We keep our air conditioner set at 84, so I'm always on the warm side.

Downside? It's a little strange rubbing a cream in your armpits. But it quickly dries and doesn't feel sticky at all or leave a residue. It's $12 for 2 oz, and I'm curious how long that will last me. A month? We'll see. It's worth it, in my opinion, to eliminate more cancer-causing chemicals from my life.

Have any of you tried natural deodorants? What was your experience? Share in the comments.

UPDATE 11/1/12: I just reordered! One container lasted me almost 2 months. And I'm still loving it. 

3 comments:

Timmi said...

I too turn a blind eye to the ingredient list of deodorant, but lately have found that my favorite isn't doing its job in this hotter than hades summer, so I am curious how long this stuff lasts for you.

Gina said...

As far as effectiveness, it lasted all day, and actually I woke up and still felt it was working from yesterday. As far as how long the container will last...from the looks of it, I'd guess 6 weeks?

Sarah J said...

Gina, I was a hold out too until this past year someone turned me on to a homemade recipe -easy, cheap and WORKS! Even right here, right now. 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup cornstarch, approx 3 tbsp coconut oil (enough to make a paste). I emptied out an old twist up deodorant container and fill to top, refrigerate until solid. So I have to refrig it again every couple of days in summer when it gets too soft but otherwise, it goes on just like the toxic stuff. You can add fragrance with a few drops of essential oils - I like lavender or peppermint. Even my sweat-phobe of a husband likes it LOL!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails